Certificate Installation: iPlanet 4.x & SunONE Application Server 6.x
Installing a Certificate on iPlanet 4.x or SunONE Application Server 6.x
You will have received your certificate from us, a file typically named 'your_domain_com.crt' as well as the intermediate [download root & intermediate certificates from Root & Intermediate Certificates]. The root certificate [download root & intermediate certificates from Root & Intermediate Certificates] is also provided.
You need to log in to the administrative web-interface of your iPlanet/SunONE server. This is usually at: http://<yourserver>:8888/
- Log into the iPlanet/SunONE administation interface. Select the server instance you require the certificate for and click 'Manage'.
- Click the 'Security' tab, and from the left-hand menu choose 'Install Certificate'.
- Change the 'Certificate For:' option to 'Trusted Certificate Authority'. Enter the 'Key Pair File Password' (the password when iPlanet was setup or the CSR was generated). Enter a certificate name of 'root'. Now you need to upload the root certificate (the [download root & intermediate certificates from Root & Intermediate Certificates] file). You can either enter the location to the file, or open it in a text-editor and copy and paste the contents into the box.
- You will be then shown the certificate information. Click 'Add Server Certificate' and accept any pop-up messages.
- Now repeat Steps 2-4 with the intermediate [download root & intermediate certificates from Root & Intermediate Certificates] Choose the 'Certificate For:' option 'Server Certificate Chain' for each intermediate(s).
- Finally repeat Steps 2-4 using the site certificate (the file which has your domain in the filename). Choose the 'Certificate For:' option 'This Server' and do not enter a 'Certificate Name'.
- The certificate is installed, and now you can setup the server to use it. Click the 'Preferences' tab on the top menu. Choose 'Add Listen Socket'.
Note: if you have iPlanet 4.x, encryption is turned on with the 'Encryption On/Off' button from the 'Preferences' menu. Simply choose 'on' and enter a port number (usually 443).
For other versions of iPlanet or SunONE, continue the steps.
- Enter the listen socket details. Set the 'Listen Socket ID' to a name for this setting, enter the 'IP Address' and 'Port' (usually 443). Enter the 'Server Name' and change the 'Security' drop-down to 'Enabled'. Set the 'Default Virtual Server ID' (the default option is usually selected). Click 'OK'.
- The server is now configured to use the certificate. A restart of the server may be required for the changes to take effect.